21 May Campaign Signs are Here!
It’s time for campaign signs – hot off the press!
Please message on Facebook or fill out the following form to let me know you’d like a sign for your home or business:
Please observe the regulations for signs as I do not want to have my signs in any improper places.
Horry County Sign Ordinance
From Horry County Website
Political or campaign signs subject to the following and are also subject to seizure and permanent disposal for non-compliance:
(1) Such signs shall not be placed within a public right-of-way.
(2) Such signs shall not be attached to trees, fences, or utility poles.
(3) Such signs shall not be larger than sixteen (16) square feet in area. Signs, other than small yard signs (no greater than four (4) square feet in area) shall be affixed to wooden, plastic or similar supports. Supports made of rebar, metals or other materials that may damage existing infrastructure are prohibited, except that small yard signs may use wire supports.
(4) Such signs are allowed no sooner than forty-five (45) days prior to an election and all such signs shall be removed within three (3) days after the election.
North Myrtle Beach Regulations
(m) Campaign signs subject to the following:
1. Such signs shall not be placed within a public right-of-way.
2. Such signs shall not be attached to trees, fences or utility poles.
3. Such signs shall be no larger than six (6) square feet in area on residentially zoned
4. Such signs shall be no larger than sixteen (16) square feet in area on commercially
zoned properties excluding existing off-premises signage that is used for advertising
purposes when the election is over.
5. Such signs shall not be higher than eight (8) feet above the ground on which it is posted.
6. Such signs shall be limited to one (1) sign per elective position and/or referendum
position on residential properties, per street frontage.
7. Such signs shall be limited to one (1) sign per candidate and/or referendum position on
8. All such signs should be removed within seven (7) days after the election.
9. No such sign shall be erected sooner than thirty (30) days prior to an election.
10. The city clerk shall provide written notice of these regulations to all candidates
competing in the forthcoming election.