16 Jan Challenges and Conservative Solutions – Week One
The Republican Caucus remains focused on tackling the big issues you have told me matter a great deal to you. Our robust agenda tackles everything from roads and education, to protecting the Second Amendment. Below is a list of our conservative agenda for 2016:
- Restructuring the Department of Transportation
- School Choice Tax Credit
- Individual Income Tax Reform
- Protecting Life: Anti-Dismemberment
- Judicial Reform
- State Retirement System Reform
- Session Shortening/Biennial Budgeting
- Ethics Reform
- Secure and Protect South Carolina’s Dams
- Protecting the 2nd Amendment: Castle Doctrine Reinforcement
- Eminent Domain Reform
- Environmental Regulation Reform
In addition to these big ideas, hundreds of other bills have already been filed in the House requiring our committees to begin the task of hearings with testimony and deliberations that will result in bills being sent to the House floor for debate and votes. The business of the people of South Carolina is under way!!!
In the coming weeks, I will send regular updates which keep you informed of our progress as we complete the work of the people. Our agenda is ambitious and I believe we have the determination necessary to be successful.
Thank you so much for the privilege of serving you in Columbia – if I can ever be of assistance to you, or if you have ideas on issues you want me to share with the rest of the General Assembly, please don’t hesitate to let me know.